Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks #339: Oscar Winners Edition: Best Picture



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Oscar Winners Edition: Best Picture

---

Hi and welcome to the 8th run of TMP. Today is also the start of Oscar Winners Edition with Best Picture being first up. Shouldn't be too difficult with 90+ winners to choose from. I'm picking some of my favourites.

Rebecca (1940)
We've had a similar TMP theme way back in 2015. I picked Rebecca then and I'm picking it once again because I love this movie. Joan Fontaine is the star here. She is so perfect as the Second Mrs. de Winter. Her portrayal had the right mix of youth, innocence and naivety.
 
A Man for All Seasons (1966)
Henry the VIII's rule from the point he tried to divorce Katherine of Aragon to his death was a tumultuous one and makes great drama for the screen. A Man of All Seasons is I think one of the best movies that depicts a short span of that period and focuses on Thomas More who tried to defend himself against charges of treason. The movie is based on a play so is very dialogue heavy which I like and had good performances by the cast.

American Beauty (1999)
This is such a great movie and was my first introduction to dark comedy back in 1999. It's funny, it's sad...it is just soo good.

The Departed (2006)
Mob movies tend to bore me but the whole undercover cop vs mole in the police premise was interesting and made the movie thrilling with all the twist and turns. I also thought it had great pacing.
 
---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar