Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Diet and exercise


Does this hamster look a little on the portly side to you?  I think he's getting a bit chubby round the middle and I'm worried that he's not making sensible choices when it comes to portion size.  Need a different angle?


I've put him on a diet.  And I have to say he's been a lot more active.  It's tricky feeding these tiny little creatures.  One nut to a hamster is like a kilo of nuts to us.  Possibly.  I'm not giving you scientific facts here, just guessing.  But anyway, he's small with a teeny tiny roll of fat round his middle.  He's cutting down.  If I was a better woman I'd join him.

But what with the chilly winter temperatures I'm finding it hard to avoid a good pudding.  I spent the morning in the forest with the littlest boy's class.  It was freezing.  Literally.  They made dens and toasted marshmallows.  I hopped about trying to keep warm.




I helped out at Beavers the other day as well.  It was hot chocolate, story and biscuit night, which in the scheme of things is a pretty good gig to get.  I've had my share of more combative nights so it was only fair.  Hot chocolate night was a dream in comparison.  I was in charge of the squirty cream.  I tried to bear in mind that with great power comes great responsibility.

On the home front there have been a few little advent packages, a candle and a letter or two to FC.






I should just point out that here in the west country he's sometimes referred to as Santer.  We like our "r"s and we're not afraid to use them.  I've heard that FC will be replying this year if you write to him at this address by Saturday.

I'm feeling a little Christmas anxiety today.  The present thing is always slightly stressful.  Trying to make it look like everyone has the same.  Wondering about the wisdom of some requests.  In-line skates for the littlest boy???  I'm already far too well acquainted with the Children's Hospital.  But then again they would make him very happy.  Decisions, decisions.  I'm hopeless at them, I always overthink absolutely everything.  And where is my mincemeat recipe?  And the one for the special pastry I like to make at Christmas?  When it all gets too much I shall make lists.  And then I shall check them twice.  I already know who's naughty and who's nice.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar