Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Coney Island Baby; Billy O'Callaghan


AUTHOR:  Billy O'Callaghan
PUBLISHER:  Harper
PUB. YEAR: 2019
SETTING:  New York
FORMAT:  -  review copy ( 241 pp)
RATING: 3.5/5

For nearly 25 years Michael and Caitlin, now in their mid 40s, have been lovers.  The two are each married but, once a month, on a Tuesday, they escape the emptiness within their marriages and, continue to carry on an intense affair at a little motel on Coney Island.  On this particular Tuesday, something is different as each is faced with a difficult situation that could mean the end of their days together.

The is a quiet novel, fairly short and plays out over the course of one day. The story reveals a lifetime of pain and regrets.  The writing is beautiful, I found myself rereading more than a few passages, at times it was tender and sad.  I liked that the reader got the perspective of both Michael and Caitlin and insight into their marriages.  I liked this book and was glad I read it but,  I thought I'd love it and I just didn't.  

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar