Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Note Card Party - Delicious Treats

It's once again time for Vee's Note Card Party. It's a lot of fun, with interesting selections from many bloggers. You never know what's going to turn up as someone's choice for note cards. The idea is to find four photos, previously published on your blog, that you think worthy to be made into note cards.

French Silk Pie

This month, it's all about chocolate. For me, dessert is best when chocolate is involved. I know several people who don't really like chocolate. Does. not. compute. 

Chocolate Mousse filled Chocolate Roll with Chocolate Sauce

Nothing completes a meal, for me, like a little bit of chocolate, preferably dark and intense.

Raspberry Chocolate Tart

Did you catch the other theme going on here? Fruit! Chocolate + Fruit = YUM, although I confess to sometimes eating the fruit first so I can enjoy the chocolate last, without any other competing flavours.
 
Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce


Does it seem frivolous to you to be thinking about chocolate and fruit on a day when people mourn, when life, for some, has been shattered? It does to me. Then, I think, what is the goal of these people who, in their twisted minds, wreak such havoc upon the world? Is not their goal the destruction of all that is beautiful and lovely? Do they not want to create insecurity and have people live in fear? When we cease to live our lives as we normally do, the terrorists and evil have won.

From our little island far away from Boston, 30 people traveled to run the marathon. One of them was a co-worker of my husband. When she was finally able to call (the cell towers were jammed), she told him that she had crossed the finish line two minutes before the blasts.

I will pray, and I will care, and I will grieve with those who grieve. I will continue to live my life trusting God, and giving thanks for the beauty of life.

Enjoy the beauty over at Vee's Card Party today. We're likely to be a little subdued, but the gathering will be a pleasant way to spend some time together.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar