I mentioned earlier this week that I've been an organizing fool lately. It's been fun to figure out how our spaces work and what functions best. I purposefully waited to do this because I didn't want to put in all this work to find out later we didn't use the everything like I thought. Of course it will still change over time, but for now I'm thrilled with how it's coming together!
Our laundry/mud room closet was a doozy. It's my favorite in the house. (Do normal people have a favorite closet?)When I shared our mud room/laundry a couple months ago, I told you I was most excited about the closet we added in the room. A closet JUST for cleaning crap. Hello!
But it quickly became our dumping ground, which I was OK with knowing I'd get to it eventually. Here's how it looked the night I started:
It held tons of stuff but wasn't functional at all. You can see one of the vacuums (I keep the other one in the basement where we have more carpet) lived outside the closet which isn't dreamy at all. 😂 There was obviously no room for it. We had quite a few things I wanted to fit in this closet:
- utility stuff like batteries and light bulbs
- cleaning rags, sponges and the like
- cleaning supplies
- vacuum, brooms, swiffers, etc. (we have a lot of these because I use one for different needs)
- ironing stuff -- boards, (we have large and small ones) and iron
- wrapping items like paper, bags, ribbon, etc.
- carpet cleaner machine
I quickly realized not all of this was going to fit, more on that in a minute.
Here's another look at what we were dealing with:
Good times!!
As I do anytime I start an organizing project, I took every single thing out of the closet. First goal is to purge what we don't need anymore.
This is where it got hard for me. I mention the Konmari method every time I organize something, because it changed my life for the better. I've gotten VERY good at letting go of things. Very good. But I discovered I have a weird thing with cleaning supplies. I couldn't let go of them!
And look how much we had!:
Read the full post



0 Yorumlar