Thanks for buoying me up this week, you are a lovely lot.
It is that time of the month where I share some fabric from Minerva Crafts.I made these a while ago but let me just say, it is pretty difficult to photograph a pair of conker brown trousers in the January light but I have done my best.
It is that time of the month where I share some fabric from Minerva Crafts.I made these a while ago but let me just say, it is pretty difficult to photograph a pair of conker brown trousers in the January light but I have done my best.
They are sailor trousers from the Simple Sew 4 in 1 pattern named The Shannon collection but you could use this pattern here or here for a similar flat front, side zip and high waisted trouser.
Even thought they are high waisted in style, I still took some out of the depth because I am short waisted. In fact, the whole pattern was a bit of a gamble for me to try in the first place but I have been so lucky that the body part fits really well without any adjustments. I cut a UK 14 to allow plenty of hip and thigh room but had to take the waist in.
I used the buttons on the pockets not only as decor but I stitched straight through the top ones to stop the pockets gaping when I sit down. It works well like this. I remembered to measure my hand to check I could still get in them!
The bottoms were far too wide and large for me so I took them in and hemmed them according to the shoes I will be wearing with them. The fabric is really good and looks very smart.
The fit on the back is brilliant considering I didn't make any crotch seam mods. They are easy to move around in (as shown!)
They make great work trousers for Winter. I have worn them quite a few times since making them over the Christmas holidays.
Here are the details. The fabric pressed really well and has a fuss free mat finish. It comes in so many other colours. I cut the fabric with pinking shears because it does fray quite quickly but other than that, a great winter fabric.
Do you know, I didn't have high hopes for these half way through making them but now they are finished, I totally love them.
Thanks for looking. Jo xxxx










0 Yorumlar